The life of your tan depends on your preparation, after care, exfoliation process (which everyone’s is a little different), as well as life style. If you follow these instructions, they will guide you to getting the most out of your spray tan.
Spray Tan Preparation and Maintenance
- For best results shower and shave 4 hours prior to your Spray tan
- Shave first so you are able to wash off any residue from products.
- If waxing please allow 48 hours BEFORE you get your HealthiTan
- Exfoliate with South Seas Bora Bora Body Polish which can be purchased from HealthiTan ahead of time.
- DO NOT put on any lotions or deodorants.
- Remove Make Up before your session.
- If showering right before your Spray tan use cool water to rinse off
- Your tan will last 7-10 days and longer with our after care products!
- After your spray tan DO NOT shower, swim, and avoid perspiring for at least 6-8 hours.
- For the first shower following your HealthiTan, if possible just do a warm rinse and wash personal areas with a mild or moisturizing soap.
- When you shower DO NOT use hot water or any type of exfoliate product this can fade your tan faster. Be gentle and DO NOT scrub.
- After showering, blot dry with your towel, air drying is preferred.
- After showering DO Apply South Seas Moorea Moisturizer liberally to hydrate your skin twice a day to prolong your tan.
- Time spent in hot tubs or Jacuzzi’s, saunas or swimming pools with chlorine may shorten the duration of the tan, so using our Tahitian Tan Extender two days after your tan is highly recommended.
- Use South Seas Tahitian Tan Mist to touch up your face, hands, legs and feet.
- Excessive sweating anytime after your spray tan may cause it to rub off on clothing, but it does wash out!
What to Wear
- For women clothing is optional, but do remember where ever you leave clothing there will be distinct tan lines. Think about what you will be wearing after your tan.
- Bring a dark swimsuit or undergarments to your session. Thongs are acceptable.
- Bring flip flops/sandals to your session.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing. The cosmetic bronzer may rub off on your clothes. Our solution is water soluable so don’t worry it washes out of most clothing!
- Women, avoid wearing tight bras several hours after your spray tan.
Tanning Fact Sheet
- The spray tan is applied by a certified professional in just minutes!
- You can pick your own shade from a glow to off the beach bronze.
- The Spray tan will last seven to ten days or longer with our South Seas Tan Extender and Moorea Moisturizer.
- Your skin dries quickly, does not feel sticky and has no bad odor. Your skin smells fresh and clean.
- The Tan will fade similar to that of a natural sun tan when given proper after care.
- It does NOT streak. Your tan will be prefectly even, just like you spent the day in the sun.
- The primary active ingredient in our solution and in most self tanners is DHA (dihydroxyacetone), produced from pure sugar cane and is FDA approved for self tanning applications.
- DHA works with the amino acids in your skin to produce a natural looking tan with NO orange discoloration.
- There have not been any reported side effects from the use of DHA.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to self tanners, we recommend that you abstain from spray tanning.
- If you are pregnant or lactating please provide written permission by your physician.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent present.
- Women-clothing is optional. Where you wear clothing is where you will have distinct tan lines.
- Men-bottoms of some sort are required. Thongs are acceptable.