Holiday Gift Certificate Packages
The life of your tan depends on proper preparation. Follow these steps to a beautiful, natural looking tan.
Spray Tan Preparation and Maintenance
- Exfoliation: This is the most important step. Exfoliation creates a clean canvas, just like for an artist. If exfoliation is not done properly, a day or two after, surface dead skin begins to fall off (natural daily exfoliation) & your spray tan will look blotchy. Also if you use a product that contains oils, even natural oils, those oils will be left behind on the skin, and the spray tan solution will not absorb evenly and the result will turn out blotchy.
- There are different types of scrubs. Those with oils which are NEVER TO BE USED BEFORE A SPRAY TAN and the type WITHOUT OILS such as our South Seas Bora Bora Body Polish which can be purchased from HealthiTan ahead of time.
- If you do not purchase ours, please use no product to exfoliate. You may cleanse your private areas & your hair with your products.
Use only an exfoliation mitt or glove (made of a stretchy & scratchy material which can be purchased at any store with bath & body section).
- Start by gently using circular motions over the skin. Make sure you go over every area of the body in sections starting with chest, arms, concentrating between breasts, mid section, legs, especially chins & calves. If you have dry elbows & knees a little extra. Do this twice all over. Rinse well.
- For best results shower and shave at least 4 or more hours prior to your Spray tan
- Shave first so you are able to wash off any residue from products.
- If waxing please allow 48 hours BEFORE you get your HealthiTan. This should allow fir any redness or reactions to waving to calm before the tan.
DO NOT put on any lotions or deodorants unless you use our Moorea Moisturizer which can be purchased from us ahead of time in travel or large size. It dies not contain mineral oil or anything else that could create a barrier on the skin causing the spray to not absorb evenly.
- If you have extremely dry skin begin the exfoliation process a week in advance moisturizing well twice each day leading up to your spray tan.
- See our products here on the website for more information.
- Remove Make Up before or at your session if you plan on having your face sprayed. (See facial instructions on our COVID19 protocols)
- If showering right before your Spray tan use cool water to rinse off.
- Your tan should last 7-10 days and longer with our after care products.
- After your spray tan DO NOT shower, swim, and avoid perspiring for at least 6-8 hours. Avoid any water coming in contact with the processing tan…drinking & dripping on your chest, legs, avoid splashing water when you brush teeth etc
- Follow the instruction card given at your session. For the first shower following your HealthiTan, just do a warm rinse, washing personal areas with a mild body wash that does not contain mineral oil. Bikini Island Body wash is recommended. Do not scrub or use wash cloth or poofs on the skin.
- DO NOT use hot water or any type of exfoliate product, this can fade your tan faster. Be gentle and DO NOT scrub.
- After rinsing off the tan, blot dry with your towel, air drying is preferred. Lock the tan in immediately with Moorea Moisturizer all over & repeat every am & pm. Thus will prolong the tan.
- Time spent in hot tubs or Jacuzzi’s, saunas or swimming pools with chlorine may shorten the duration of the tan. Using our Tahitian Tan Extender after two days or as tan fades is highly recommended.
- If you are going to spend much time in water we also recommend taking coconut oil with you to “water proof” your tan which protects it from fading as fast. Use our Shade Sunscreen liberally first, then right before water activities apply the coconut oil. This can be purchased in the cooking oil aisle at any grocery. Stuff into a travel bottle for easier application as it will liquify when warm.
- Use South Seas Tahitian Tan Mist to touch up your hands, legs, feet and especially the face.
- Excessive sweating anytime after your spray tan may cause it to rub off on clothing, but it does wash out.
- Avoid sweaty work outs for 48 hours.
What to Wear
- For women clothing is optional, but do remember wherever you leave clothing there will be distinct tan lines. Think about what you will be wearing after your tan.
- Bring a dark swimsuit ( no hanging strings) or undergarments to your session. Thongs are acceptable.
- Bring flip flops/sandals to your session to be worn afterwards. If it is freezing cold bring boots with furry insides or warm slippers!
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing. The cosmetic bronzer may rub off on your clothes, so light colored clothing is not recommended. Our solution is water soluable so don’t worry it washes out of most clothing!
- Women, NO SPORT BRAS & avoid wearing tight bras or pants till several hours after your spray tan.
- Male private parts must be covered. Thongs or banana hammocks are acceptable if you do not want tan lines.
Tanning Fact Sheet
- The entire spray tan session lasts between 20-30 minutes per person and is applied by a certified professional in approximately 4 minutes.
- You can pick your own shade from a light glow to off the beach bronze.
- The Spray tan will last seven to ten days or longer with our South Seas Tan Extender and Moorea Moisturizer.
- Your skin dries quickly, does not feel sticky and has no bad odor. Your skin smells fresh and clean.
- The Tan will fade similar to that of a natural sun tan when given proper after care.
- It does NOT streak. Your tan will be prefectly even, just like you spent the day in the sun if our instructions are followed.
- The primary active ingredient in our solution and in most self tanners is DHA (dihydroxyacetone), produced from pure organic sugar cane and is FDA approved for self tanning applications.
- DHA works with the amino acids in your skin to produce a natural looking tan with NO orange discoloration.
- There have not been any reported side effects from the use of DHA.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to self tanners or are we recommend that you abstain from spray tanning.
- If you have any particular issues with your skin please discuss those with us in advance. Texting is fine.
- SUN BURNS: If you have a sunburn it is recommended you do not spray tan because if it starts peeling you will not be happy. If you have an important event such as a wedding please do not go out into the sun for a month before getting your spray tan. We are adequate sunscreen and stay in the shade when you are outdoors. Extreme Tan lines cannot be filled in.
- If you are pregnant or lactating please provide written permission by your physician.
- If you are under 18, please bring signed parental consent form (here on website) or have parent email or text to us.
- If you are under 16, consent form & parent must be present in the building.
- Women-clothing is optional. Where you wear clothing is where you will have distinct tan lines.
- Men- must wear bottoms or thongs; banana hammocks are acceptable if you do not want tan lines. We have these available for sale in our studio for $10
Male private parts must be covered.
Any and all packages and specials with multiple tans must be used by same person.